Re: [squid-users] apple software updates

From: <dhottinger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:04:17 -0400

Quoting Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>:

> This sounds remarkably similar to the MSN (or was is windows xp update?
> or both?) problem seen earlier. That turned out to be an out-of-band
> ssl link
> being made directly to the remote server, bypassing the proxy killed it
> and the core proxied link was denied thereafter by the remote server.
>
> Amos

I dont remember that thread. Although, apple tech support says their
updates all run on port 80. Ive never had any problems with Windows
updates. Plus, My os x 10.3 computers update through my proxy just
fine. Apple says that OS X 10.3 and 10.4 connect to the same server,
just use different methods of downloading the updates. Evidently 10.4
downloads a catalog then lists the updates. Not sure what 10.3 does.
Apple says that the catalog download isnt finishing.

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator