[squid-users] Fidelity Active Trader Pro vs. Squid 2.6STABLE12

From: Mike Mitchell <Mike.Mitchell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:35:04 -0400

I recently upgraded from 2.6STABLE9 to 2.6STABLE12 and now Fidelity's Active Trader Pro application is broken. It no longer gets streaming updates. I put back 2.6STABLE9 and it starts working again, no configuration changes other than the binary.

I've disabled any helpers, I've verified that there are no If-Modified-Since requests, and the logs show every request was a MISS.
I backed out the "Upgrade HTTP/0.9 responses to our HTTP version (HTTP/1.0)" patch, I'm not using helpers or collapsed forwarding. That leaves the patches for bugs 1787 and 1875 as a likely candidate, but since all requests were a MISS I don't think that's the problem.
The only thing left is the primitive support for chunked encoding, unless someone has a better idea.
Has anyone seen this problem? The Active Trader Pro application works, it just doesn't get the streaming quotes anymore.

Mike Mitchell
SAS Institute Inc.
Mike.Mitchell@sas.com
(919) 531-6793