[squid-users] Setting up squid to use the same cache for different hostnames

From: Ehud Shabtai <eshabtai@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 10:40:05 +0200

Hi,

I'm using squid 2.6 as an accelerator to speed up some dynamic
generated content.
I have different hostnames which all point to the same IP and I'd like
squid to use the same cache regardless the hostname.

For example, in my current setup for these two requests:
http://a.host.com/t.cgi
http://b.host.com/t.cgi

Squid would generate a cache entry for each request where I'd like it
to use the same cache for both.

Is there a setup option to allow sharing the cache?

Thanks,

--
Ehud Shabtai
http://www.freemap.co.il/map/