Re: [squid-users] Re: Antivir scan big file problem with ICAP

From: Henrik Krohns <hege@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 17:58:54 +0300

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 01:46:50PM +0400, Podolski wrote:

> Yep
> I test havp
> On FreeBSD
> Mandatory locking disabled! KEEPBACK settings not used!
> Data trickling not use and users panic if downlods big files
>
> Test download
> http://httpdl2.usw.nero.com/software/nero7/trial/Nero-7.8.5.0_rus_trial.exe
> Server Timeout

Unfortunetly only Linux and Solaris have the locking advantage. But
trickling does work without it, sending one byte every 30 seconds by
default. You could even set maxscansize to 2MB to compensate for very slow
servers. After that is received and scanned, client will receive full speed.

Your URL works very badly here, download doesn't even start with every try.
So I don't wonder you have a server timeout..

PS. There is really not much advantage in using ICAP versus Parent in normal
use. But I'm looking into adding ICAP support to HAVP in the future, since
it seems to be a magic word. :)

Cheers,
Henrik