Re: [squid-users] Re: Antivir scan big file problem with ICAP

From: Henrik Krohns <hege@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:35:24 +0300

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 12:44:59AM +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> ons 2007-03-28 klockan 17:58 +0300 skrev Henrik Krohns:
>
> > PS. There is really not much advantage in using ICAP versus Parent in normal
> > use. But I'm looking into adding ICAP support to HAVP in the future, since
> > it seems to be a magic word. :)
>
> The big thing with ICAP is that it doesn't change the network relations
> of the proxy. It can still participate with other proxies etc even if
> the "ICAP based scanner" is plugged in.

You can easily create sandwich which loops back to the same Squid instance,
I recommend that with HAVP. It doesn't create much additional load, since
with ICAP you usually transfer the same network traffic back and forth
anyway.

But I agree that with ICAP you can get a slighly more clear setup.

Cheers,
Henrik