Re: [squid-users] Squid and OS tuning

From: Vadim Pushkin <wiskbroom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 21:28:34 +0000

Kevin;

Many thanks. My compile differs from yours somewhat, I am compiling like
this:

configure --prefix=/squid
--enable-storeio=diskd,ufs
--enable-icmp
--enable-snmp
--enable-err-languages=English
--enable-default-err-language=English
--disable-hostname-checks --enable-underscores --enable-stacktrace

> configure --enable-async-io
What benefit does enabling this do?

>--enable-cache-digests
>--enable-pthreads

What does this do?

>--enable-storeio=ufs,aufs
>--enable-removal-policies=lru,heap

I am using in my squid.conf:

cache_replacement_policy heap LFUDA

What is the benefit here versus what I am doing?

Many thanks again,

.vp