[squid-users] squid as tranparant proxy and gateway

From: Yuan Yudistira <sabukhitam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 21:08:25 +0700

Hello,

I need some help regarding squid.

I have squid setup on suse on ppc64 (172.20.21.231)
(this machine has an public IP 202.137.6.98 )

My default gateway is on 172.20.21.1

I need to make all HTTP request from all employee to squid (transparant proxy)
so I don't have to setup proxy manually on every client browser.

In my case, if we dont set up proxy on user client browser (IE or FF),
then they can access all adult site, download exe.mp3 etc.
( we don't want this as this slow down our internet connection)

Even if we set the proxy in user browser, they can remove the proxy.
(some user understand this)

out IT staff is not very good on the networking stuff.

I will be very happy if anyone can help this problems.

Thanks

YUAN

--
"Limitless undying love