[squid-users] Fwd: Multiple Authentication Prompts

From: Chris Nighswonger <cnighswonger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:25:48 -0400

Hi all,
  I am having an intermittent issue with squid prompting multiple
times for authentication especially which using the gmail web
interface. If I am away from the computer for any length of time, the
prompts back up so deep that I have to kill the browser process to
recover. It appears to be an issue with the ntlm type authentication
because if I cancel out of the ntlm prompt and let squid roll into
basic the prompts quit. However, both ntlm and basic use the ntlm_auth
helper. ie.

auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp

and

auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic

Here is some other info:

 Browser: Firefox 1.5.0.10
Squid: 2.6.STABLE9

Any thoughts? Or is this yet another ntlm foible?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Nighswonger
Network & Systems Director
Foundations Bible College & Seminary
www.foundations.edu
www.fbcradio.org
cnighswonger@foundations.edu
V:910-892-8761
C:919-820-5473
NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is
intended only for the use of the intended recipient, and may also be
protected by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC
Sections 2510-2521. If the reader of this message is not the intended
If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the
sender, and delete the original message. Thank you.