[squid-users] delay pools + memory requirement

From: Buzz <preetish.tripathi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 03:13:48 +0530

Hi all

      I have a 2 mbps lease line with around 300 users . I want to use
delay pools to restrict the download to 40 kbps per users . Please
help me with the configuration . Now most of the users user download
accelarators generating multiple threads . So if i implement delay
pools will it limit the download per thread or on the whole ie per ip
. Moreover what will be the memory requirement . presently free -m
shows

total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 1002 989 13 0 35 84
-/+ buffers/cache: 869 133
Swap: 2047 49 1997

If this is is not enough then how much do i need ?
Moreover does implementing delay pools effect the performance of the server ?

Cheers Preetish