[squid-users] Custom Error Files

From: Kevin Gordon <kevin.gordon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 09:04:25 -0500

Hey,
 Quick Question. I noticed in the custom error section of the FAQ it
mentioned being able to use %m to print error messages returned by a
custom authentication helper. My question is, how do I return an
error, other then ERR from my auth helper.

 I am coding in perl so my snippet of code is

#!/usr/bin/perl
$|=1;

while($userinfo = <STDIN>) {
    if($allowed) {
            print "OK\n";
    }
    else {
            print "ERR\n";
}

I have tried printing "ERR CUSTOM_ERROR\n", "ERR:CUSTOM_ERROR\n" and
"ERR\nCUSTOM ERROR\n";

Any suggestions on how to return an error message to be used in the error file?