Re: [squid-users] Apple software updates

From: <dhottinger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 11:14:19 -0400

Quoting Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>:

> mån 2007-04-09 klockan 09:41 -0400 skrev
> dhottinger@harrisonburg.k12.va.us:
>

>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SystemWeirdnesses#head-4920199b311ce7d20b9a0d85723fd5d0dfc9bc84
>
>> No problem. So there is no way I am going to get apple software
>> updates to work through my proxy server?
>
> Sure, you just have to work around their firewall...
>
> The simplest workaround is
> echo 0 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling
>
> the better workaround is to set up a separate route to their network
> with a small window (at most 65535).
>
> See the above for a more in-depth discussion (or actually the article it
> links to).
>
> Regards
> Henrik

I did echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling on my proxy
server, and added acl's for swscan.apple.com, akamaitechnologies.com,
and swdc.apple.com for no_cache and softwareupdates work now. I had
previously done the echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling on
my firewall with no joy for software updates. Thanks for taking the
time to help with this Henrik. Hopefully the solution to this will
help the half dozen or so others who are having issues with Apple
Software updates.

ddh

--
Dwayne Hottinger