Re: [squid-users] blacklisting based on user auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:15:38 +0200

tis 2007-04-10 klockan 10:56 -0400 skrev Cintron, Jose J.:
> Not sure if this is possible, but I would like to be able to apply
> certain blacklists based on user authentication.

Ok, no problem.

acl user_group1 ...
acl blacklist1 ...
http_access deny user_group1 blacklist1

> Actually a better way would be to get the UN of the user that is logged
> onto the system and then based on that apply the blacklist (forget
> about asking for a UN/PWD).

That's done by NTLM authentication if the clients is Windows boxes (or
maybe MACs) connected to a Windows network.

Another option is to use the ident protocol. Requires an ident daemon to
be installed on the client stations.