[squid-users] Improving caching services for rural area users

From: Jaime Torres <jtorres@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:41:15 -0500

Hi all,

I'm working for a rural development project in Lima, Peru (South
America). We have been using a transparent proxy/caching server for
several months with great results.

As you may already know/suppose broadband connections are not available
at rural areas in this country so the bandwidth management is a key
factor for the users experience in the community telecentres.

I'm looking for a way to drastically improve the caching service so that
we can have local copies of as many content as we can, even overriding
HTTP headers and sacrificing some up to date contents/objects. How can
we force Squid to cache as much as content as possible?

Best regards,
JT