Re: [squid-users] Forward & Reverse Proxy run togather

From: Michael Alger <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:40:42 -0400

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 06:10:27PM +0800, Kenny Lee wrote:

> thank for your help ... finally my Forward & Reverse Proxy is
> working now ... hehehe ...
>
> but another problem came out ... sory to bother you again ...
>
> ok ... now i can browse to my website www.example.com , but when i
> go more deeper like www.example.com/test/welcome.asp it came out
> an Error, said that " The requested URL could not be retrieved,
> Access Denied" ... but i able to browse the website from outside.
>
> Any setting i need to add on into squid.conf more?

What ACLs did you set up to permit access to your website? You might
want to try increasing the debugging level; you can get it to spit
out information about every ACL it is processing, which will tell
you exactly why it's denying access.

Probably the best bet will be to use:

debug_options ALL,1 33,2

Then reload and watch your cache_log. You should see entries like:

2007/04/13 20:37:17| The request GET http://www.example.com/... is
ALLOWED, because it matched 'port80'

Find the ones where it's denying your access, and you should be able to
see which access list is causing it to be rejected.