Re: [squid-users] Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive in POST Requests?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 23:46:37 +0200

fre 2007-04-13 klockan 22:25 +0200 skrev Sebastian Weber:
> Hendrik, thank you - that solved the problem. Now, I have a new one however:
>
> The client -> proxy connection is kept alive correctly. The proxy ->
> server connection, however, is not. Squid closes the connection to the
> server after the client issues a second request. After that, Squid opens
> a new connection to the server and sends the second request over a new
> connection.

For POSTs yes. This is a feature, not a bug.

The reason Squid does this is because it can not be certain that the
server really supports persistent connections or that it is willing to
accept the request, and terminating a POST mid-way due to the server
closing the connection is very bad.. because of this Squid do not reuse
connections for POST requests instead opening a new connection.