Re: [squid-users] SQUID configuration for HTTP 0.9

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 23:00:35 +0200

mån 2007-04-16 klockan 02:04 -0700 skrev George Ciuperca:

> Our SQUID version is 2.5.14 and we only want to make a
> request (GET) without headers and get a response
> without headers. Thanks again!

Upgrade to Squid-2.6. If you still see the problem file a bug report.

But be warned that HTTP/0.9 proxy support MAY go away at any time
without any notice as it makes little sense in Internet proxying and
HTTP/0.9 looking requests in such environments is usually an error
usually caused by broken software sending \n in the URI...

HTTP/0.9 is only supported due to Squid also acting as a web server
frontend in accelerator environments. The fact that it also happens to
work for the proxy is just a byproduct and not by specification.