Re: [squid-users] Safe_ports ACL (or not) and low-numbered ports

From: Kinkie <gkinkie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:14:53 +0200

On 4/20/07, Joe Mailander <jlm@efn.org> wrote:

> Can any of you using such an approach (allow http_access to
> everything minus a few denied ports) let me know if
> you've used the Dangerous_ports ACL out of the FAQ, or if it in
> reality needs to include other ports? The squid box
> will be busy enough without having to relay the world's (or the
> university's) spam or malware :-)

Generally speaking, there is no rule in place to force using any
specific port on any specific site.
Also generally speaking it is a widely accepted best practice when
dealing with security issue to follow a "deny by default, allow what
needed" approach.

I recommend you to follow the default approach, reconfiguring squid to
allow specific sites on an as-needed basis.

--
    /kinkie