Re: [squid-users] Can squid redirect a port?

From: Kinkie <gkinkie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:12:29 +0200

On 4/20/07, heze54 <heze54@hezesoft.org> wrote:
> Accelerator setup??
>

> Kinkie wrote:
>
> > On 4/19/07, heze54 <heze54@hezesoft.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have a cisco router with a x tcp port nated is possible to nat this
> >> port to the machine which has sqid and then, squid redirect this port to
> >> another machine?
> >

> > Is this an accelerator setup?

Please keep your answer below the text you quote, it's better netiquette.

Given your answer, I assume it's not an accelerator (but please see
the Squid FAQ to better understand what using squid as an accelerator
or reverse-proxy means).

So please correct me if I don't understand correctly what you mean:
you have a router which performs traffic redirection towards a squid
proxy? What's unclear is whether that proxy should then access the
Internet or a single host.

Both cases are possible. You can check
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/InterceptionProxy to get an
understanding on how to implement them.