[squid-users] Configuring DNS

From: Ganesh Balasubramanian <GaneshB@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 04:38:39 -0700

Hi All,
   I've downloaded the 2.6x 12 version and installed it in my 2000 server machine which is also my ADS server. In my client machines internet exploer, i've this proxy info and when i access my application through IP it was working fine.

But when i access the same application by name, my dns couldn't resolve the name. In the conf file i've specified dns_nameservers 10.0.0.20, which is my dns IP. I guess there might be some other parameter in the squid conf file, where i need to enter my dns server settings to access my application through name

I've not worked with squid earlier, so i'm not sure what are all the config vlues to be modified

Thanks a lot in advance

--Ganesh.b