Re: [squid-users] Max number of TCP connections squid can handle ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:23:35 +0200

ons 2007-04-25 klockan 14:11 +0200 skrev Necati Çehreli:

> I wonder if there is a test or benchmark on the web that shows us the
> max number of concurrent tcp sessions that Squid can handle? And also
> is there any way to configure this limit ? And what is the default
> value for this configuration parameter?

The number of TCP sessions is about 50%-80 of the number of
filedescriptors connections depending on the workload (some
filedescriptors is needed for server connections, and some for cache
files).

The number of filedescriptors is a compile time parameter (configure
flag), combined with a runtime parameter (ulimit). The least of the two
is used.