Re: [squid-users] http_port options not working

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:04:43 +0200

tor 2007-04-26 klockan 14:01 +0300 skrev robert@e-adnet.ro:
> hello
> i've updated 2.5 to 2.6 and the http_port options ( tproxy and transparent)
> doesn't work but the vport=80 options works alone.
> i set it up like this
> http_port ip:8080 transparent vport=80 tproxy
>
> can anyone tell me why these two options do not work ?

You can't run forward and reverse proxying on the same http_port.

vport is a reverse proxy option. If your proxy is a forward proxy for
clients to reach the internet then don't specify vport. For a
transparent proxy "transparent" is all you need to specify.

tproxy is a new feature, only useful if you have patched the kernel with
TPROXY support and added the suitable TPROXY rules in the tproxy table..