Re: [squid-users] COSS causing squid Segment Violation on FreeBSD 6.2S

From: Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:00:00 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2007, Mark Powell wrote:
>>> I'd stay away from the posix AIO code though; its reasonably naive and
>>> was meant for development. I know how to make it more "optimal" and suited
>>> to production use but it'd take time I don't have. :(
>>
>> Do you mean I should be using the kernel module or not?
>> I assume that it will use the kernel code when:
>>
>> #define USE_AUFSOPS 0
>
> Well, there's a build option for it; it'll set that #define appropriately.

It seems like you are telling me not to use the POSIX AIO code, optionally
built into squid, for production use?
   Therefore, I should compile with USE_AUFSOPS=0 and rely on the FreeBSD
kernel posix AIO code instead?
   That's the behaviour that USE_AUFSOPS toggles right?
   Cheers.

BTW I'll still test your patch with the POSIX AIO code built into squid
(which is what you've kinda requested?)

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information Services Division, Clifford Whitworth Building,