Re: [squid-users] COSS causing squid Segment Violation on FreeBSD 6.2S

From: Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:13:05 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2007, Mark Powell wrote:
>
>> BTW I'll still test your patch with the POSIX AIO code built into squid
>> (which is what you've kinda requested?)
>
> You're using aufs and COSS - so by default it'll use the Squid thread-pools based
> AIO. Keep using that.

Ok. Bear with me, this difference wasn't clear to me.
   So you mean the squid posix AIO code (which would interface with the
FreeBSD aio module) is naive? Therefore use the Squid thread-pools based
AIO instead (which will not use the FreeBSD aio module at all)?

> USE_AUFSOPS=0 means "use squid thread-pools based AIO from aufs".

That's strange, as the config.log that the port made has USE_AUFSOPS=1 in
it. Therefore I'm not using Squid thread-pools based AIO?
   Is there a specific function to look for in the binary that will
determine which AIO method it is using i.e.

# nm `which squid` | grep <function>

or another method to determine it?

> The AIO code in src/fs/aufs/* isn't posix AIO by a long shot..

   Cheers.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information Services Division, Clifford Whitworth Building,