[squid-users] Memory Issue

From: Sekar <sekarit@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 16:49:54 +0530

Hi,

I have 4GB memory in my machine . The machine is four Intel(R) Xeon(R)
CPU - 1.60GHz processors box. The bios correctly shows 4GB memory.
Initially the machine had Redhat Enterprise Linux 3 on it and the
machine showed all 4GB memory . Now I have reinstalled the OS to FC6 .
But now machine shows *only 3 GB memory*.

We have tried recompiling the linux kernel with following options but
still it didnt show all the available memory (4GB)
Method :1

     CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G=y
     CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y

Method : 2

    CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G=y
    CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y

We have also tried passing boot option mem=4096M to the kernel without
any luck.

What it could be the reason? How to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Sekar