[squid-users] Cant get redirect gre and wccp and cisco 3600 and 7200 and debian and centos

From: Facundo Vilarnovo <fvilarnovo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 17:28:42 -0300

IĀ“m becoming of thinking in throwing the towell.........

ive tried several ways of making wccp2 work with my squid 2.6 unstable kernel 2.6 with gre

the idea was simple

router + switch + clients and squid

ive tried it in centos and also on debian (my favourite)

all flavours of kernels and squids unstables releases

im very close, but can handle it

ive setup a gre tunnel with a 10.10.10.1 (router outcoming interface is a 200.x.x.x, ive setup no incoming, E0/0 is a 192.x.x.x class, wccp v2)

clients are not surfing but they do if i force a proxy direction on the explorer

packets are coming in the gre tunnel, i am seing them with the tcpdump command
packets are supposed to be redirected through my iptables to port 3128 (ive tried dnat, redirecting)
squid conf is ok, 3128 transparent