[squid-users] Java + NTLM Authentication through Squid question...

From: Ian <squid-users@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 10:21:58 -0700 (PDT)

   I've been using NTLM Authentication through squid for a long while now
and love it. Recently a Java app has wanted to use it as well (using
browser settings to determine proxy settings) yet when I enter in data
for the username, password and domain fields, it never correctly
authenticates. Is Java sending different NTLM fields to Squid then
what IE normally sends? Is there a different "helper protocol" that
would work better than what I've currently got set in squid.conf:
auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp

I've googled and found this work-around but was wondering if there wasn't
something that wasn't so easily forgable by the clients:

acl Java browser Java/1.4 Java/1.5
http_access allow localhost Java