Re: [squid-users] cache_peer - multiple ones

From: Gareth Edmondson <gje@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 19:00:48 +0100

Hi Amos

Thanks for that. The lines are as follows:

#TAG: cache_peer_access
cache_peer_access proxyssl allow CONNECT
cache_peer_access proxyssl deny all
cache_peer_access <upstreamproxyaddress> deny CONNECT
cache_peer_access <upstreamproxyaddress> allow all

As for the cache_peer lines they are as follows:

#TAG: cache_peer
cache_peer <upstreamproxyaddress> parent 8080 7 no-digest no-query
no-net-db-exchange default login=username:password
cache_peer proxyssl parent 443 no-digest no-query no-net-db-exchange
default login=username:password

Where username and password are our values. proxyssl is defined in the
hosts file because I don't quite understand how to use the name= tag in
Squid (I must read up about it).

>From some tests we have run, we can tell that the Squid proxy is not
sending the proxy authorisation headers (username and password) to the
upstream proxy SSL proxy. I'm assuming this is due to a configuration error.

The passwords for the two proxies (8080 and 443) are the same as they
always have been.

Can anyone gleam anything from that?

Cheers

Gareth