Re: [squid-users] Authentication Override

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 17:09:01 +0200

tor 2007-05-03 klockan 17:34 -0400 skrev Brian Kirk:
> Ok I have been trying various configurations in my squid.conf, I am
> sure that I was over complicating the issue. Here is a stripped down
> version that I would like to use basic if NTLM fails, but it never
> drops down to the basic authentication.

It should not. If the browser is NTLM capable it should drop down to an
NTLM authentication dialog when the logged in user is denied access, not
basic (Basic only gets used if the browser is not NTLM capable, or not
willing to speak NTLM with the proxy).

This said, NTLM is a bit different..

Which version of Squid? If 2.5 make sure to test with 2.6. The NTLM
support between the two version is substantially different and not going
to look at a problem unless it's confirmed in 2.6.