Re: [squid-users] Authentication Override

From: Chris Nighswonger <cnighswonger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 13:47:49 -0400

On 5/4/07, Brian Kirk <bekirk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Squid 2.6 Stable 9. Ok so if I understand you correctly, it will not
> drop down to basic ever with IE since it is NTLM capable, it will just
> prompt you for your credentials if the credentials that were provided
> weren't a member of the specific require-membership-of group. And
> that would explain why I never get prompted with the realm provided in
> the basic authentication potion.

Brian,

  FWIW, you can pass *realm* off on IE's NTLM prompt by
'domain\username' in the 'username' field (username@domain.com may
work as well). I run two separate domains through a single squid. All
internet access accounts are on domain A. Thus, users on domain B have
to use 'domainA\username' when prompted (which is every time they open
a browser for the first time). Watch out for the 'Save my password'
checkbox.

Chris