Re: [squid-users] squid wrong of dns overload

From: Michael Alger <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 20:45:58 -0400

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 07:49:54AM +0800, ???? wrote:
> Good morning, Everyone :
> Squid a DNS Overload wrong, please look at the help. Thank you very much!
> Squid Version: 2.6.STABLE6
> dnsSubmit: queue overload, rejecting nospam_shaw.ca
> dnsSubmit: queue overload, rejecting mailer1.parl.gc.ca
> dnsSubmit: queue overload, rejecting mail.smienkconsulting.com
> dnsSubmit: queue overload, rejecting mx3.regiomakelaardij.nl
> dnsSubmit: queue overload, rejecting mx3.mail.national-net.com

You might want to try disabling the external DNS client and see if
that helps - the internal one may or may not be faster.

Prior to that I would suggest investigating the cause of this. Every
host listed sounds like it's a mail server of some kind. Are you
using your proxy for something unusual which would cause it to be
trying to do DNS lookups on lots of mailservers? If not, you should
check the access rules as it may be functioning as an open proxy,
being abused to send spam emails.