RE: [squid-users] FW: failure notice

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 22:40:19 +0200

mån 2007-05-07 klockan 15:20 -0500 skrev Jason Hitt:
> The viconnect FAQ still references the old http_accel lines.
> http://viconnect.visolve.com/vic7/modules/knowledgebase/faqsearch.php?productid=22&contentid=78&nodeid=squidn08&visid . The squid-cache FAQ doesn't but doesn't make an sense to me http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy
>
> All I want to do is have a very basic vanilla https server reverse
> proxied with Squid. I'll get the .pem cert but I can't even get squid
> to start up as it is. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

You'll need to give a cert (and key) to https_port. And if the origin
server is also https then use the ssl option on cache_peer.

Configuration is the same as for http, but with the changes above to use
https instead of http.. so it's just

https_port 443 cert=/path/to/cert.pem key=/path/to/cert_key.pem accel defaultsite=the.official.name

cache_peer ip.of.webserver parent 443 0 no-query originserver ssl

The certificate key needs to be stored unencrypted, or you will need to
start Squid in foreground mode (-N option) to be able to enter the key
encryption password.