[squid-users] If not authenticated donīt ask for it.

From: Patrik Hansson <hansson.patrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 14:25:26 +0200

Hello.

Iīv just gotten squid installed and working with NTLM and AD Groups.

What i whant is to block some files for normal users, like .exe, .zip
and so on but give admins the right to download them.

I made two AD groups named "allowinet" and "admininet".
If a normal user is trying to download an .exe he gets presented with
a login dialog.
I donīt whant that..i whant my "NOTE_FILETYPES_FILTERED" displayed to
the user directly.
If i cancel the login request i get the "Cache Access Denied" error
message and if i enter my admin credentials i get to download it.

This is what i put in squid.config:

acl normalusers external nt_group allowinet
acl adminusers external nt_group admininet

acl blockedfiles urlpath_regex -i "/etc/squid/blockedfiles.acl"

http_access deny blockedfiles normalusers

http_access allow normalusers
http_access allow adminusers

deny_info NOTE_FILETYPES_FILTERED blockedfiles

Thanks in andvanced /Patrik Hansson