Re: [squid-users] new website: final beta

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 22:02:41 +0800

On Wed, May 09, 2007, Craig Skinner wrote:
> On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 02:14:33PM +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> > >
> > > Nice work Adrian!
> >
> > Definitely.
> >

> Struth Bruce! Nice one mate!
>
> Sort of quoting one of Yahweh's olde proverbs:
> "...squidmaster, cache thy self"
>
> Will the final site be cache-able?
>
> I don't have the web skills that you do, but I found the easiest way to
> make php's cache-able was to lynx dump the php to a .html, and have
> apache serve index.html in preference to index.phtml. Naturally, all
> links to pages must be to the .html and not the .php:

It will be. I just haven't yet added E-Tag and Expiry generation to the
PHP code. I'll see what I can do. I haven't found an example of a really
good dynamic site that actually sets appropriate cachability tags
(and does so with minimal load to the server - there's no point in having
to do the whole database query set and parse the database replies
just to generate etags, for example!) so I figure this can double as
that.

Now, where's that spare time..

Adrian