[squid-users] Squid.conf blanks after sometimes

From: ssp <ssp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 11:52:05 +0530

Dear All

I am facing a strange problem while using Squid 2.5. I configured PCQ Linux
2007 for squid.
First, I have observed last month that squid failed to connect to
websites/internet. When I cheeked the squid.conf file, I found it becomes
totally BLANK. No data was there.I restored the squid.conf file from backup.
This problem appeared again two times. Every time squid.conf file become
blank and I have to restore it from backup-copy of it.I also observed some
files like squid.conf.1 , squid.conf.2 , squid.conf.3 , and squid.conf.4
.This problem gets notice on every Monday, after the weekly off of my
office. (Saturday and Sunday) So my queries are

(1)Is it something to do with log rotation which is set on every 5
days?(defaults setting).This problem occuring after log rotation , so far i
observed.How these squid.conf.1 to squid.conf.4 get created?

(2)Is it because of hard disk media problem?I havenot observed any media
problem so far

(3)Or it is squid specific problem? Please help me in this regard.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
PM