Re: [squid-users] WCCP / no return traffic on gre interface

From: Chad Harrelson <coinflasher@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 13:10:41 -0400

I just tried using 150.125.125.186 (closest IP) as the wccp2_router
address and the router ID as the GRE endpoint as you recommended but
the router would not negotiate with squid. The cache server
would not show up at all when doing a: sh ip wccp. So then I switched
them. Router ID as the wccp2_address and closest IP as the GRE
endpoint. Now I have the same problem as before where I get the
mis-match on the I_See_You packets.

Can you think of anything else? Like I said, this work with protocol
1. Also, the only other strange config I have is that my GRE
interface is a real routable IP (150.125.125.187/29). Most of the
documents I see say to use the same IP as eth0 but with a 32 bit mask.
 When I do this I get the protocol 47 ICMP unreachable error in
tcpdump.

thoughts?

Thanks,

-- Chad