RE: [squid-users] pac and dat woes

From: David Gameau <David.Gameau@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 11:11:21 +0930

> I've made WPAD work but I've not made it work with a DHCP
> configuration. I've done mine with DNS.
>
> Does anyone here have an example of a WPAD+DHCP
> configuration? If so I'd like to talk to you and document
> it on the Wiki.

Here's what we use to support WPAD+DHCP:
[From dhcpd.conf, in the global section of the file]
  option option-252 code 252 = text;
  option option-252 "http://wpad.example.com/wpad.dat\n";

Note that IE6 truncates the answer it gets (by dropping the
last character), which is why you need to include something
like '\n'.

I'm not sure whether Firefox supports DHCP for its autodiscovery.

David.
__

David Gameau
ISTS - Systems Infrastructure
University of South Australia

email: David.Gameau@UniSA.edu.au
phone: +61 8 302 3533
fax: +61 8 302 5800

Disclaimer: "His brain sometimes stops working." - Chiyo, Azumange Daoih