Re: [squid-users] Don't cache Youtube or flash video

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 16:02:53 +0200

On 11.05.07 03:16, zulkarnain wrote:
> --- Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:
> > On 09.05.07 19:36, Gilbert Ng wrote:
> > > I got a problem on watching youtube or those flash video in our LAN.
> > > If I disable our squid, it is smooth but when we start it, I need much
> > > more time to download the video.

> > of course - it's not cached by squid. IF it's cached by squid, it loads
> > faster.

> what version of squid that support youtube caching?

I guess all. It just needs to get the request.

You said that with interception squid turned on all videos load faster, it's
probably because they are cached.

With setup you proposed, the videos would be forced not to be cached, so I'm
asking why do you want to do that...

- Have you got anything without Spam in it?
- Well, there's Spam egg sausage and Spam, that's not got much Spam in it.