[squid-users] Re: Transparent proxying and weird urls

From: Larry Han <squidtransparenthelp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 15:42:15 -0700

Hi, I'm having trouble with transparent proxying with transparent
proxying using wccp and squid. When I try to access some pages with
content that has long urls, such as

http://m.webtrends.com/dcs4f6vsz99k7mayiw2jzupyr_1s2e/dcs.gif?MoreStuffHere

when going to microsoft.com or

http://metrics.apple.com/b/ss/appleglobal,applehome/1/H.8-pdvu-2/s19351179166394?MoreStuffHere

when going to apple.com, the pages refuse to connect to the server in
transparent mode for just that specific piece of content on the page.
access.log doesn't log this content either when in transparent mode.
However, when the pages are accessed with the browser set explicitly
to use squid as the proxy (therefore bypassing wccp/transparent
proxying), the long urls load fine and show up under access.log.
However, I know that the problem is not because the url is long,
because if i google search for an extremely long phrase, the url ends
up being longer than the urls on apple.com and microsoft.com but the
pages load just fine.

Has anyone had this problem before and does anyone know how to fix this?