Re: [squid-users] Custom error pages

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 16:49:22 +0800

On Thu, May 17, 2007, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> ons 2007-05-16 klockan 14:50 -0800 skrev Chris Robertson:
> > Omar M wrote:
>
> > What do you mean by "full path"? Using the path on the file system to
> > include images and/or CSS is not going to work (nor would it work on a
> > web server). You need to host them on a web server and reference the
> > full URL. Relative links won't work with Squid, though the referenced
> > elements will be cached if possible.
>
> Well, it is technically possible to have Squid host them. Just requires
> a little trickery in mime.conf.
>
> After the last line in mime.conf, add dummy entries for your additional
> files you'd like Squid to host. They will all be in the icons folder
>
> http://your.squid.server:port/squid-internal-static/icons/filename

Actually, I wrote an evil! article about this a while ago!

http://www.creative.net.au/evil/squid_error_image_pages.shtml

I'd put it into the Wiki but I don't really think its the type of thing
that we should have documented as 'Official'. Personally I'd just install
thttpd on a server, bind to an IP on port 80, and reference that..

Adrian