Re: [squid-users] Collapsed forwarding question

From: BARRY J BLUMENFELD <bblumen1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 19:33:18 -0400

Hello,
   We have made some progress. We actually have two squids in parallel with DNS load balancing.
We had been running them as each others parents so that we could try to reduce the load on the backend server. If we stop cache_peering, then the timeouts go away. The relevant lines
for server1 are
    cache_peer server2.domain parent 3128 3130
    acl SERVER src server1.domain server2.domain
    cache_peer_access server2.domain allow !SERVER

We configure the two as parents rather than as siblings, because, for an expired file, squid won't
bother querying a sibling. So, at this point, we have a choice between collapsed_forwarding or
the cache_peer relationship. Is there some better configuration setup we can try?

Thanks very much.
Barry