Re: [squid-users] WCCP / no return traffic on gre interface

From: Nick Ellson <grimm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 10:54:35 -0700 (PDT)

Adrian and All,

I had been doing a lot of rebooting this morning just doing other work and
I got tierd of manualy loading my ip_gre, ip_tables modules, so I built
them into the kernel this time. Now WCCPv2 works.

Wow.. That I did not expect. Now i stuffed all this in the kernel.

----------------- From the WIKI ---------------
If you are running a custom built kernel (rather than one supplied by your
Linux distribution), you need to build in support for at least these

     * Networking support
     * Sysctl support
     * Network packet filtering
     * TCP/IP networking
     * Connection tracking (Under "IP: Netfilter Configuration" in
menuconfig)
     * IP tables support
     * Full NAT
     * REDIRECT target support

And as it works, I will leave it alone.

Now I need to research why SquidGuard's redirect URL is sent but the
browser does not display anything but set the title bar to the title of
the page I send it to. (The URL is on another internal server, 10.0.0.20)
Could this be a problem related to the one I just faced?

Nick

--
Nick Ellson
Dad