[squid-users] Squid2.5-Stable6 RPM for CentOS 4.4 anyone?

From: Fiero, Paul <Paul.Fiero@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:12:10 -0500

 Greetings all, I am back with yet another request for assistance.

I am in the process of trying to Squid brought into modern times here in
our enterprise. We have an old version of Squid running and I'm
upgrading the OS to CentOS 4.4. The Squid RPM that comes with CentOS
doesn't have WCCP, much less the WCCP v2 that I need, compiled in so I'm
asking here, does anyone know what is involved in getting Squid
recomplied on CentOS 4.4 to use WCCP v2?

To be honest, I'm not adverse to using a newer version of Squid if
someone can give me decent destructions or somesuch.

Please feel free to respond to me privately at

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Paul Fiero, RHCE
Information Security Analyst
Communications and Technology Management Office
City of Austin
(512) 974-3559

The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission is
confidential. It may also be a privileged work product or proprietary
information. This information is intended for the exclusive use of the
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution [other
than to the addressee(s)], copying or taking of any action because of
this information is strictly prohibited.