[squid-users] Using Squid for Gateway Cashing

From: Stretch _ <irvens@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 00:10:42 -0400

Hi
I was reading up on squid-cache.org and had questions about using Squid for
Gateway Cashing.
I wish to use Squid as a proxy gateway for our company website. This site
is an application site, on an internal production server. What I hope to
accomplish by using Squid. Give access to employees to an internal website
by forwarding the contents to the outside. As users on the outside update
day to day progress, the internal site remains current by syncing with the
data processed by the squid Server. I would also like the squid Server to
require an SSL connection, since the internal use of it isn’t necessary.

Is this all possible using Squid?

Thank you ever so much.
Irvens Lafond