Re: [squid-users] Add custom Banner to user browsed content JPG

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 13:07:33 +0800

On Wed, May 23, 2007, nima sadeghian wrote:
> Dear Friends;
> hi, is there any Idea about adding custom JPG to browsed content of
> Squid users? We need it in special ceremonies or events for informing
> users. I searched internet contents but there was no applicable idea.

Squid-3 is the best bet to implement in-line content modification to allow
for page modifications like what you want.

Squid-3's not quite yet ready - it could do with more testing! - people
can code up modules to do this kind of content manipulation with Squid-3
sometime after its released.

People have hacked up stuff in squid-2 to modify pages but its nowhere
near as clean and things can get a bit 'messy' (mostly surrounding
making sure the content size/stream size is updated or things get
very weird..)

Adrian