Re: [squid-users] Kinder, gentler ignore-auth option

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 23:42:27 +0200

ons 2007-05-23 klockan 17:29 -0400 skrev Benno Blumenthal:

> Then the first user that gets a protected page will prevent the
> challenge from being sent to all subsequent users, breaking
> authentication for that page.

What specs says should be used in such cases, when caching is desired,
is

Cache-Control: max-age=0, must-revalidate

and since authentiation is also used

Cache-Control: max-age=0, must-revalidate, public

Should be possible to add refresh_pattern options for this I suppose,
but not sure if it will find many valid uses outside your setup. But if
you submit a patch it may be considered.