[squid-users] RE: Bypass proxy completely

From: Vootla, Bhagwan <Bhagwan.Vootla@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 21:55:47 -0400

Hi,

My proxy servers Do not have connectivity to XYZ.com, But my desktop
browser can access XYZ.com if I put XYZ.com in the exceptional list.
But every desktop is configured to use Proxy server and the Browser
settings are disabled.

How do I specify in the proxy server that if a user hits XYZ.com,
BYPASS proxy completely and use DIRECT connection from the desktop.
I need the subsequent requests/responses to go from desktop to xyz.com
directly without proxy intervention ( as proxy server does not have
connectivity to particular xyz.com, but network is configured to access
xyz.com directly from desktop subnets).

Is this possible from proxy side ?

Thanks in advance.
Bhagwan