Re: [squid-users] Reverse Proxy for Content Filtering:-

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 09:58:06 -0800

Mohamed Navas wrote:
> Hi,
> Can I use the reverse proxy for content filtering? We have one portal
> server for MMS. Presently the MMS srver is itself is doing this filtering?
> The customer is requesting to put a reverse proxy to restrict any access
> other than some exceptions like audio/mpeg, video/vnd.avi etc ...
>
> Br
> Mohamed Navas

Squid's ACLs (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl) should work
the same in forward or reverse proxy mode. Just recognize that the
general public are the clients (src, request) and the accelerated server
is the "Internet" (dst, response).

See the configuration file sections on req_mime_type and rep_mime_type,
and be sure that your MMS server is responding with the proper MIME
Content-Type.

Chris