Re: [squid-users] no explicit transparent proxy support enabled

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 17:06:04 +0545

On Wed, 23 May 2007 23:15:55 +0545
Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@wlink.com.np> wrote:

> Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> > ons 2007-05-23 klockan 17:07 +0545 skrev Tek Bahadur Limbu:
> >
> >> I will get the same error from the squid.
> >>
> >> access.log says:
> >>
> >> 202.x.x.x - - [23/May/2007:16:13:22 +0545] "GET error:invalid-request HTTP/0.0" 400 1218 TCP_DENIED:NONE
> >
> > Odd..
> >
> >> When I telnet to www.google.com, I get the following:
> >>
> >> 202.x.x.x - - [23/May/2007:16:25:38 +0545] "GET http://72.14.253.104/ HTTP/1.0" 200 3403 TCP_MISS:DIRECT
> >
> > Looks fine, so you should be OK.
> >
> > But the fact that they differ is even very odd.. You are absolutely sure
> > you enter the exact same request in both cases?
>
> Hi Hendrik,
>
> I am absolutely sure that I did not make any typing mistake:)
>

> I do see the following in my access.log from a telnet session from my
> home network:
>
> 202.x.x.x - - [23/May/2007:22:58:56 +0545] "GET http://12.160.37.9/
> HTTP/0.9" 200 4670 TCP_MEM_HIT:NONE
>
> I think that the problem arose from my office network layout. I think
> that web traffic seems to be having some problems with squid
> transparency in my office network.
>
> Anyway, I will further investigate tomorrow. I would like to thank you
> and all others for your help and suggestions.
>
> Thanking you...

Hi Hendrik,

- From my observation since the last few days, it seems that enabling the 2 compilation options below:
  --enable-ipf-transparent
  --enable-pf-transparent

were causing the squid transparency using IPFW to fail. I had thought about using either PF or IPF to make squid transparent. However due to some constraints, I am still using IPFW.

After compiling Squid without the 2 above options, Squid is working as expected. I would like to thank you and all others involved for your great help and support.

Thanking you...

> > Regards
> > Henrik

- --