[squid-users] Cookie problem

From: Ludovit Koren <Ludovit_Koren@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 14:57:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I am using squid 2.6.12 on FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE and 6.2-STABLE. One cache
server is configured on the LAN, it forwards requests to 2 parent
caches which are in 2 different DMZs (2 lines to 2 different ISP).

I compiled squid with cache digest enabled. The parent cache
configuration lines:

cache_peer 10.28.55.30 parent 3128 3130
cache_peer 172.16.11.2 parent 3128 3130

The caches work ok. The problem is when a client requests a page where
a cookie is set. When all the pages are served using the same parent
cache it works correctly. When the parent cache changes I get an error
message that the cookie is not valid (it is coming from another
IP). It does not matter if I am using any options on the cache_peer
configuration line (I used round-robin and sourcehash).

Am I missing something? What should I configure for cache_peer in
mentioned scenario? I tried to search the problem solution in the FAQ
and on google but without success. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

lk