Re: [squid-users] IP works, Domain name does not

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 01:58:33 +0200

sön 2007-06-03 klockan 01:03 +0200 skrev Balint Peak:
> Hi, I installed a Squidman onto my mac, which is connected to a
> windows-based PC. I set up the network prefs, and I cannot reach sites
> from the PC if I wrote a normal adress. I mean the sites name instead of
> the IP address, so if I use the IP adrress I can reach the sites
> properly from the PC.

Sounds like Squid could not identify the nameservers used by your mac.

Is there an /etc/resolv.conf on your system defining the nameservers to
use? If not you may need to configure the nameservers in squid.conf
using the dns_nameservers option or create this file in the expected
format.

/etc/resolv.conf:
nameserver ip.of.first.nameserver
nameserver ip.of.second.nameserver